Mango Sabja Pudding
MANGO SABJA PUDDING
- 1 tblsp basil seeds(sabja) or chia seeds
- ¾ to 1 cup coconut/ any other nut milk
- 3 tblsp dry figs/ anjeer chopped or pureed
- *Can add a few chopped or pureed dates if you want to make it sweeter.
- 1/2 cup mango / strawberry/ sitaphal puree, chilled
- ½ cup fresh mango / strawberry/ sitaphal chopped
- pomegranate and mint for topping (optional)
- Take 3/4 cup coconut milk in a large bowl. Add the sabja or chia seeds and stir well. The seeds start to swell up, and after about 30 minutes they would have absorbed the liquid and become gelatinous. Add the extra ¼ cup coconut milk if required.
- Stir in the chopped anjeer and refrigerate till needed.
- To assemble a pudding cup, spoon 1-2 spoons fruit puree in a dessert glass or bowl. Add 1- 2 spoons soaked sabja seeds on top. Then chopped / pureed anjeer or dates.Then add a few pieces of chopped fruit.
- Again repeat the layers and finish with a generous layer of chopped fruit.
- Add toppings.
- Refrigerate till serving time.
Feel free to make the fruit puree with any kind of fruits such as strawberries, mulberries, custard apple etc. If the fruit are not very sweet, add some more chopped or pureed figs/ dates to sweeten the pudding.